Pages

Saturday, October 07, 2006

On this weekend

I'm a bit behind, and ill prepared for doling out info for happenings this weekend. I know Van Brunt is having a group show opening tonight. I don't have the card in front of me, and the gallery website doesn't have the new information so I'm at a loss for the details - except I know that one of the featured artists is Matthew Kinney. Matt will be showing some of his most recent sculpural work with highly finished panels of wood joined with plastic buckets. The opening will be held tonight from 5-8 or 6-9pm.

photo by matthew sinclair kinney

Matt has started a blog that highlights images of recent work. The address is www.matthewsinclairkinney.blogspot.com.

Harald Plochberger is presenting "A Deconstructive Reading" today starting at 5pm. The event is free, but reservations are suggested due to limited space. More info here.

Elsewhere today, the Samuel Dorsky Museum at SUNY New Paltz will be hosting an opening reception from 5-7 pm for a new exhibit by Lilla Curto and William Outcault. There will be an artist lecture held on Weds. Oct 11 at 7:30pm in Lecture Center 102 on campus.

No comments: