Rebecca Ambrosini's invitation at the Creamery.
Windows on Main St opens next Saturday, August 8. Installations have already started going up. I caught up with Will Walker on Friday as he was installing his work at M&T Bank.
(editor's note: I can't express how pleasant it is to have August roll in, and not have to be scrambling about with WOMS related tasks.)
I will, however, be participating in a panel discussion organized in conjunction with the Windows exhibition that will focus on the topic of public art. "Public Art, the Economy and Our Community is scheduled to take place on Saturday, Aug 8 at 2pm at Dia:Beacon. I don't know this for a fact, but I imagine the talk will take place in the Learning Lab above the bookstore. I'll verify that detail. The other panelists include:
Steven Evans, Assistant Director of the Dia Foundation at Beacon,
Sara Pasti, Director of the Samuel Dorsky Museum of Art, and Beacon City Councilwoman,
Garin Baker of the Orange County Arts Council,
Cabot Parsons, Chairperson of the Beacon Arts & Cultural Committee
Dan Weise of Open Space Gallery, and Electric Windows here in Beacon.
A peak into the office area at M&T Bank which will be bathed in an elecctric emerald
glow for a month, courtesy of Will Walker and Jesse Lebwohl-Steiner.
Later in the evening, there will be an opening reception for WOMS on Saturday at Chill wine bar at 173 Main St. from 6-9pm.
The exhibit will close on September 12. On that day, there will be a panel talk featuring some of the exhibit's participating artists speaking about their projects. The talk will take place at Zuzu's (453 Main St) at 12pm followed by a closing reception from 2-4pm.
Here are your 2009 Windows on Main St Participating Artists:
- Rebecca Ambrosini - Muddy Cup Coffeeshop, 129 Main Street
- Kathleen Anderson - Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union, 324 Main Street
- Elizabeth Castagna - 500 Main Street
- Carla Goldberg - Beacon Rivers for Estuaries & Rivers, 199 Main Street
- Theresa Gooby - 259 Main Street
- Elia Gurna - 502 Main Street
- Beth Haber - River Winds Gallery, 172 Main Street
- Jason Hahn - 504 Main Street
- Peter Iannarelli & Keisha Luce - Moxie, 544 Main Street
- Jesse Lebwohl-Steiner & Will Walker - M&T Bank, 200 Main Street
- Beth Lewis-Jackson & Edward Vermehren - Hudson Beach Glass, 162 Main Street
- Teresa Marra - Chill Wine Bar, 173 Main Street
- Eileen McTiernan - Mount Beacon Fine Art, 155 Main Street
- Dana Devine O’Malley - Zora Dora, 201 Main Street
- Joe Pimentel & Melissa Toth - Fire Lotus, 474 Main Street
- Keely Sheehan - Echo, 470 Main Street
- Vickie Raabin - Mixture, 209 Main Street
- Steve Rossi - Artisan Wine Shop, 180 Main Street
- Dan Rigney - BEAHive/American Burnish, 291 Main Street
- Emily Sylvester - Poppy’s Burger’s & Fries, 184 Main Street
- Catherine Welshman - Jacqueline’s, 478 Main Street