Pages

Friday, September 08, 2006

September 9 - 2nd Saturday in Beacon

Second Saturday will be here tomorrow. I've been frantic with my schedule, and various issues that have popped up this week, so I know I won't be covering everything....by far.

First of all, the Beacon Art Supply will be holding a HUGE sidewalk sale starting at 11 am and going all day. It seems there was a leak in the store, and some merchandise was damaged. Savings should prove to be HUGE HUGE HUGE.

For a complete listing of what's happeSecond Saturday will be here tomorrow. I've been frantic with my schedule, and various issues that have popped up this week, so I know I won't be covering everything....by far.

First of all, the Beacon Art Supply will be holding a HUGE sidewalk sale starting at 11 am and going all day. It seems there was a leak in the store, and some merchandise was damaged. Savings should prove to be HUGE HUGE HUGE.

For a complete listing of what's happening this 2nd Saturday, visit BACA's website, beaconarts.org. There's a link in the sidebar. I'm just not sure exactly what's happening
I do know what's not happening - Spire Studio's Quarterly Open Studio! For the 2nd quarter this year, there will be no open studio bender at Spire. The excuse for June was that many people were so busy with other projects, there was little energy or time to put together a shindig. The reason for the no go this month is that many of the studio artists themselves will be no shows. I cannot speak to everyone's whereabouts on Sept 9, but I do know that:

Kathy Feighery will be at the opening of her recent work at Van Brunt Gallery. Also showing, are Susan English and Jane Bloodgood Abrams.



Angelika Rinnhofer will be in Miami,at the opening of her exhibit "Seelensucht" at the Bernice Steinbaum Gallery.

Todd Spire will have his face buried in the latest issue of "Modern Bride" planning his dream wedding.

Alexis Elton will be at bau where she will have an installation in the back room.

and Chris Albert will be with Angelika Rinnhofer.

Stay tuned though, We'll have two open studios' worth of pent up energy when the December 2nd Saturday rolls around.

Finally, This Second Saturday is the last chance to see the Windows on Main St. project. If you've read the last two posts in this blog, you know that the library is asking that Elia Gurna's piece be removed from the window prior to the completion of the exhibit. The artwork will be taken down sometime Friday, Sept 8, but it will finish out the term of the exhibit installed in the window of GO NORTH at 469 Main St. Elia's piece should be installed at GO NORTH by early Saturday.

I have to go pack a bag. If anyone has images of Saturday's events, email me at info@maykr.com. I'll let you know the best way to get them to me so I can post them.

No comments: