Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Settling in

I made it back home this weekend, and I am reacclimating myself after my extended stay out West.



Before I left town, I noticed a for rent sign in the window of Freshman Fine Art. Driving by there yesterday I saw the space is now empty.



Last Weekend's Enjoy section of the POJO included a feature on Open Space's "Limited Run" exhibit of prints and zines.



Alison Moritsugu's exhibit at The Contemporary Museum at First Hawaiian Center is the subject of a write up in the Honolulu Star Bulletin from Dec 9. The story includes several images of exhibition artworks.



If you're interested in hearing more about the recent news that the Dia Foundation is selling its building in Chelsea, Tyler Green of MAN had a brief conversation yesterday with Dia Director Jeffrey Weiss on the subject of the sale, and the fate of the Jorge Pardo piece.



Also, befitting the season of giving, Tyler has highlighted an organization called DonorsChoose.org which allows donors to choose and directly fund small projects posted by public school teachers. Everyday through Christmas, Tyler will feature one project on his blog. Yesterday's project came from a teacher in Fort Wayne, Indiana hoping to build an art book library for her students.

No comments: