Maykr is an ongoing archive of blog posts dating from 2005 about art and artists around....but not limited to the Beacon, NY area.


Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Circus on Mars at John Davis Gallery in Hudson, closing Nov 2

I recently mentioned Martin Bromirski's claimed exhibit at the John Davis Gallery in Hudson. As I didn't see mention of the show on the gallery's website, I questioned the voracity veracity of the artist's claim, not that I questioned the artist's integrity, but I was simply living by the adage doveryai, no proveryai. Well, he's come through and presented documentation. So Martin's exhibit Circus on Mars is on the third floor of a carriage house space behind the gallery, as I understand it. From his images, the space's antiquated patina, complete with suspicious skid marks on some walls lends a new level of creepiness of clown allusions. I'm going to try to make a visit on Sunday which will be the final day of the exhibit.

2 comments:

Martin said...

okay i can understand questioning my veracity, but my voracity is beyond dispute!

cralbert said...

Burn!
that's embarrassing.