Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

Eye Candy Friday: spreken zie qua?

I'm wrapping up my sojourn to Denver today and heading back to Beacon. I saw a couple of good shows here in town at the MCA and an excellent exhibit of paintings by Daniel Richter at DAM, in honor of which, I'm posting this ECF. Richter's intensely active, high-key colorful paintings do not translate well in reproductions in print or online, so I'm presenting you with an untranslated video of a reception of another Richter exhibit . In the video, you'll see Jonathan Meese and Eva & Adele.

I was hoping to make it down to Santa Fe to see the
biennial, and to see what Alexis Elton is up to, but alas, shifts in my schedule prohibited that trip. I'm also disappointed that I'll miss Lisi Raskin who'll be in Denver next week for the inaugural show at Redline. The exhibit is a collaborative effort between Redline and PS1. Lisi was the artist in residence at CCS Bard last Spring. Pics of some of what I saw in Denver will be forthcoming on my personal blog.

No comments: